Thursday, October 19, 2006

The One in Stinky LA Part 2

After a very long bus and train journey back to LA (where we were given 30 dollars by a stranger just for being English!), we were back in the metropolitan bustle and smog that is LA.

We spent two lazy days doing pretty much nothing other than re take all my LA photos and visit Mels Diner (where Happy Days was filmed - allegedly!)

There was one marked difference however - I could see the sky! It is blue. Even in LA! The sun adn the blue sky do make LA more bearable although I would still prefer to be anywhere else in the world!

Our last day was great though. We went to Universal Studios - a day of rides and shows. We saw Wisteria Lane (for any Desperate Housewives fans!), Bates Motel from Pyscho, and the Plane crash from War of the Worlds ont eh studio tour.

We travelled in De Lorien from Back to the Future, and almost got eaten by a Tyrannasaurus Rex in Jurassic Park. The Raptors here are very rude - they spit at you!.

The Shrek 4D was hilarious. We got soaked by Donkey's Sneezes and spiders ran over our feet (althought they didn't run over mine as I had them off the floor - I'm a professional at avoiding these sorts of nasties - and yes I did keep my eyes open this time Mum!)

My absolute highlight, however, was meeting Shrek, Curious George and Spiderman!

That evening we took Scott (who gave us the lift to LA orginally) out to dinner, and then went to the cinema to see the Queen (as Scott said - "it's about your people!")

I'm actually really sad to leave America.

I never thought I'd say it but I really love it here and, have met such nice people and seen some amazing things. If I was allowed to eat with a knife and fork I might even consider moving here!

No comments: