Friday, April 20, 2007

The One with Nights Out and Goodbyes

I can't believe it... it's time to leave Sydney. We've been here almost 3 months, and now it's time to get back on the road!

Not before a few more fun time however. We headed out with the hostel for a night out at the legendary Scary Canarys. Fancy Dress - Cowboy evening. We only knew we were going about 1/2 before we left but still managed to get some hats! We were out with Mike (our Landlord and H's Boss - left) and Joe, seen here with our Housemate Katie.

We had to say goodbye to Lincoln and Rach as well, so had them around for a tip top dinner - toad in the hole, with mash and veggies, and Onion Gravy, followed by Treacle Sponge and Custard. It was a team effort, and surpassed all expectations. I know you all won't care about knowing my dinner plans, but trust me... it was stupendous!

Finally, it was time for my last week at work. The guys at Centrica (free plug!) have been great. They openly didn't have much for me to do, but I managed to read 10 books in the 7 weeks I have been working there and perfect my tea making skills. After 7 weeks, it was only my penultimate day when I finally managed to make the perfect cup of tea for my boss Roland- at least I had a target to complete during my time there!

Joking aside, I actually really enjoyed my time there, especially my desk buddy Phil!

On my last day at work we went out in Sydney - first for drinks at the Opera Bar, looking over the harbour, and then to a couple of posh cocktails bars, which sadly I can't remember the name of, as the cocktails were rather strong. It was a great send off - keep in touch guys!

The night before we left, H and I headed to the Aussie Stadium to watch the Waratahs, in a close game of Super 14. You just can't beat rugby, and it was only when I was watching it that I realised how much I missed it - the buzz of pre match, the give aways, the matchday entertainment - and unlike Vic Road fireworks at the start of the game - can't imagine stadium control in Watford allowing that one in a hurry!

And then it was time to pack everything back in the rucksack and get back on the road. To be honest it felt like starting over all over again, complete with the excitement and anxiety. Sydney was great, although I couldn't live here forever, and yet I will be really sorry to say goodbye.

No comments: