Friday, June 8, 2007

The One with the Surf Lesson

With a day or so in Noosa, we decided to have a surf lesson.

As you can see from the photos, I was surfing on tiny waves, in water which went up to my waist! We had two little girls (7 and 9) in our lesson, and both of them managed to stand up quicker (and more often than I did)

Having shown people the technique we were taught since, I'm not sure that it's something the professionals would use, but it seemed to work.

I never seem to make it totally out of the "squat" position though, and always seem to have a bit of a kack-handed finger thing going on. As always, I'm ooze style and grace in everything I do!

That said, it was awesome. I'm totally hooked, and despite the cold water back home, am totally going to have surf lessons either in Cornwall or the Gower next summer!

No comments: