Saturday, June 16, 2007

The One with the Last Hurrah!

And so I find myself back where I started in the hostel in Sydney where H used to work.

We've spent our last couple of days here doing chores such as buying Malaria tablets, and sending home another box of stuff. My bag is such much lighter as a result.

The day we got here, we arrived at 5am, and couldn't get in the hostel until about 8am, and it was proper chilly. It feels like November, and I had 5 layers on and my woolly hat as a result. I don't think I'll cope this winter back home after a year in the sun!

The first night back we went out for dinner with Sue, Julie and Kevin at our favourite little restaurant Newtown Thai II. A great way to end our time in Oz, as we've spent several evenings here, and we're ending the trip in the company of the people we started it with. Thanks for taking us out guys, all your advice, and once again for taking the time to show us around when we got here!

Our last night in Oz was also well spent, in the company of Phil and Ray from Centrica. We had several cocktails and spent the evening catching up on all the gossip!

And so I'm off to Asia, and in just a few days will part company with H.

Australia has been fantastic. A country of complete diversity - deserts, tropics, reefs, and bush, and some of the strangest (and deadliest) animals on earth! Plus a land of opportunities. To think I've jumped from 14,000 feet, swam with sharks, and licked the bottom of a Green Ant.

I've also ticked off a few stereotypes - Played a didg, tried to Surf, and munched on kangaroo, and even a witchetty grub. And of course drunk a few cans of Beer!

Plus I've also picked up a few choice phrases: "No Worries, Mate" "She'll be Alright, mate", "Far out" and "Too Easy!"

I'm very fond of Oz now, but it's time to move on to the final chapter of the adventure.

No comments: