Monday, December 25, 2006

The One with the Two Christmasses

We actually had a Christmas on the 18th December, as Huw's son Gareth and his Girlfriend Denise were over and would be flying back. We decorated the tree, made a yule log, and did the usual Christmas thing of eating and drinking too much. It even rained heavily for us so we could feel at home!

Then on the 25th itself, H, Huw and I were up at 5am... not to excitedly open presents but to go to the airport to pick up Rod!

The airport was packed (a lot of us wearing santa hats!), but we soon had him in the car, back to howick adn tucking into a full English Breakfast.

We did the presnt thing... thank you so much to those of you who sent me something over, it is much appreciated! Jessica please note that I am proudly wearing my Christmas Pudding socks in the photo!

Then it was over to Huw's Daughter Ruth's house, for more food, and a chance to play with her son Reagan's Lego, and read him his new story books!

We had turkey, but with salad and beef done on the Barbie! The traditional Christmas dessert here seems to be pavlova!

Anyway, althought I missed my traditional Christmas at home with you guys, and the carols by candlelight service, the Southern Cross and the Midnight Mass etc, Christmas was still a great one - especially as Rod was here!

Happy Christmas!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate - I can't see any photos so I'll just have to believe you were wearing the socks!!

Glad you liked them - your tales are keeping me entertained whilst I just sit behind a desk all day so keep them coming

xx

Anonymous said...

We're very distant cousins, understand it's your birthday today - hope you have fun. Wish I'd the courage to explore the world. Been bogged down with daily life for far too long. Have a great day.

Sue,Paul,Adrian & Katie Drakes

Anonymous said...

Rhod will have to have an Auckland t-shirt to go with your Christmas pudding socks instead of his Amsterdam shirt. Belated Blwyddyn Newudd Dda a Penblwydd Hapus luv Susan, Ceri, Chris and Mali

Martha said...

Hi Kate just updated myself with your blogg, what an exciting life your living now! I'm very impressed (and jealous!!)

Keep enjoyning the adventures!
Ps i'm writing from work.
Martha